To provide a happy, caring and stimulating learning environment in which all members of the school are valued and reach their full potential
AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
- To encourage an active partnership between staff, children, parents, governors and the community
- To provide a broad, balanced curriculum through which all children can reach their full potential
- To encourage children to develop their confidence and self esteem so that they become caring, well-balanced individuals
- To enable and encourage children to be autonomous, independent learners
- To develop respect for their learning environment and the world in which they live
Our Co-operative Values
As part of the Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust we share the following co-operative values values with the other Dartmoor MAT schools.
- Self-help - Encouraging all within the organisation to help each other, by working together to gain mutual benefits. Helping people to help themselves.
- Self-responsibility - To take responsibility for, and answer to, our actions
- Democracy - To give our stakeholders a say in the way we run our school
- Equality - Equal rights and benefits according to their contribution
- Equity - Being fair and unbiased
- Solidarity - Supporting each other and those in other co-operatives.
Our Ethical Values and Ethos
Consistent with the values of the founders of the Co-operative Movement, we believe in the ethical values of:
- Social responsibility
- Caring for others